To be considered for ACS WASC affiliation, the applicant school must be a school meeting the following conditions:
- Be in at least the second semester of operation, with students, teachers, and administration in place.
- School enrollment must reach a minimum of 15 full-time students.
- The school’s program must include at least two grade levels. One exception would involve a new high school that opts to begin only with grade 9.
- Have developed and published a clear statement of purposes together with plans for a curriculum to carry out those purposes.
- Have a management system that provides appropriate direction and oversight for the overall program.
- Have employed a chief administration officer who is qualified for the position.
- Have an organization, facilities, course offerings, and staffing acceptable for the school’s stage of development.
- Have an overall plan including objectives for student achievement and assessment plans to measure progress toward those objectives.
- Have an admissions policy compatible with the school’s stated objectives.
- Have a written curriculum appropriate to the organization’s purpose.
- Have a qualified instructional staff.
- Have plans to provide access to appropriate extracurricular and enrichment activities, if appropriate.
- Have developed an adequate financial base to give reasonable assurance of continuing financial stability.
WASC Conditions of Eligibility